Monday, October 20, 2008

Pictures From Our Walk

In my last post I took a stab at an experiment with exhortation. So far I've had no takers on comments. I was asking for people to comment on one thing that they have prayed about and feel is beneficial to stop and "make happen". You know, one of those "I've really got to do that" things.

Well I took that walk. Not a very big deal, I guess. It was a big deal for me. I had wanted to stop and breathe in this little part of creation around me instead of just driving through it. I wanted to let my sweet girl look at the wonders of trees , flowers, and a bright sun. We spend some time outside, but this was intentional. I wanted to get those walking muscles going again. I prayed and this I believe was beneficial. I listened to my Ipod part of the way. I was singing My God's Enough and Never Alone by Barlow Girl and Agnus Dei by Third Day.
I certainly don't want us all to be bogged down by our little lists nor do I think that we have to cross off all of the things on that list. I just think that there are certain things that we, especially those of us that seem to procrastinate, should "make happen". Even this Stay At Home Mom of two kids, one in school, is pretty busy, but I want to intentionally ask God to show me the things that I should "make happen" and free me from those things that are unnecessary.



Here are a few pictures from our walk:

Starting Out

Across The Street From Our House



The Neighborhood Swing
(Laura Ann is too little just yet. She is working on removing her footie.)
I loved the way these trees looked against the fence.


Almost Home

Happy After Our Walk

6 comments:

andi said...

Fun pictures! I posted a comment on your last post. Thanks for the encouraging words. Good for you!!!!! I love your neighborhood! What a joy it is to breathe in this great fall air~

Wanting What I Have said...

You go girl!

Bill, Misty, Will, and Laura Ann said...

Thanks Andi and J for your comments. Thanks for your encouragement. I have prayed for both of you in general and specifically about pilates and special time with MW.
From a song, "I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God...."

Cindy Saunders said...

I love keeping up with your lives. I saw Bill when he was down for the golf tourney and told him I needed to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I have known Bill my whole life & I love seeing your life together. The blog is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Please come visit soon.

Cindy Saunders said...

oh funny...I just saw your comment on my blog!! haha

Enjoy that wine! I should be there to drink it with you!

Take care....

Sir said...

This is a very impressive Blog. It's obvious that a true person of integrity and intelligence created it, which would exclude any help from Bill (HA!). Keep up the good work!