Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This Blog ....


Well hello there (If anyone is still there after my very long absence). I considered a post title of this blog sucks (quite vulgar and not positive). I have had blogger's block. I haven't posted much on facebook lately either. Reasons: A) I have been trying to limit my time on the computer and with help from God do a better job at mothering and housekeeping. B) I have found myself feeling that my posts would be boastful. I just couldn't think of anything that wasn't. Not that we are full of great successes around here right now or anything, but I just haven't felt comfortable posting the pics of "those good parts" of life. I take far more pics of those things than the occasional pic of my daughter covered in something because her Mom wasn't watching her closely enough or the many spills and broken jelly jars I cause. I have never taken a picture of my son to remember the time he brought a note home from school because he chose to mimic another child's hand motion (no not that one - we got that one out of the way a while back). I am certainly not saying that blog posts about these things are boastful. In fact, I plan to do one of my marathon catch you up pic posts soon. I was just feeling that way. Not sure why, I'll leave it at that.

I am hoping to be able to manage my time more wisely and be able to fit some blogging in. I don't scrapbook, so this IS our family's scrapbook. Thanks to the friends and family and anyone else who takes the time to share in it. I plan to share a recipe with you soon for a healthy and oh so good green chili. (I am stingy with recipes. No I am not one of those freaks that will REFUSE to give you a recipe. I will just ask you not to bring certain ones to things in the same circle as me. I mean who wants to bring their lasagna to a new mother the night after someone else has brought the same thing- trivial I know - or the week before you plan to bring your Apple Dumplings -Well not really yours but PW's- someone else beats you to the punch - again trivial ).

Well I've already spent more time than I should here. Thanks for reading and thanks to all you fellow bloggers for being generous with beautiful pics of your families, recipes, general know how, meditations on the Word and YOUR TIME! These things take time. We do them primarily for our families I'm sure but they are often helpful and encouraging to your readers.

M

4 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Amen, sister! You cracked me up about the hand motion! :) And, btw, if I got YOUR lasagna two nights in a row, I would be THRILLED. You make, hands DOWN, the BEST lasagna I've ever eaten in. My. Life.

Kim said...

LOL. This made me laugh about the recipes. It's hard to share bc your options get more and more limited at the potlucks! I wonder if anyone is bringing my__________ so now what CAN I bring? LOL. Good stuff. And BTW...you pocket dialed me this morning. I tried to say hello but you were dialing over me.

Bill, Misty, Will, and Laura Ann said...

J, Thanks for the lasagna shout out, Did I really just type that?
Kim, That would be LA. She had my phone at the store. She probably pressed the green button twice (last # called ). I will make the recipe deal with you anytime. Won't make it for anyone but family.

Kim said...

I see. I would have talked to LA too! I say we make a church potluck covenant. Shared recipes can't cross the church doors! :) LOL. Wouldn't that be funny.